Bhopal: As kids, we would have done a lot of things, just because we believed them to be true, right?
For example, we believed that the tooth fairy existed and some of us may have believed that when we swallowed the seeds of fruits by accident, they could grow into plants inside our tummies!
Well, these things and more, that we believed as kids, seem ridiculous now; however, we do not realize that even as adults we follow certain things just because we are told they are true.
For example, many people, especially in rural areas, believe that when a child gets chicken pox, he/she must not be taken to a doctor!
So, there are many myths similar to the one above that adults believe in, not just when it comes to health, but with most other things in life.
However, when certain myths are believed and followed regarding our health, they could prove to be an utter waste of time and could also potentially harm your health!
Now, we know that good health is a boon that every human desires.
Because, without being healthy, we cannot enjoy the other fruits life has to offer.
If we are constantly suffering from an ailment, we may not be able to study, work, enjoy family life, travel, eat good food, etc., all of which lower the quality of your life to a great extent and may also make you depressed.
So, as humans it is extremely important for us to take care of our health and make a conscious effort each day to follow healthy practices.
Now, we read or hear about many healthy tips every day, but not all of them are true!
So, here are a few healthy tips which must not be followed.
1. Take A Painkiller Whenever You Get A Headache
A surprising number of people follow this health tip, even when they experience a slight headache; however, taking painkillers on a regular basis is harmful!
2. Stick To The Same Fitness Routine
A number of research studies have shown that changing your fitness routine, every three months, is more effective compared to following the same routine, especially when it comes to weight loss.
3. Cut Down Sugar Completely
While consuming excess sugar on a daily basis is harmful for health, consuming sugary foods once in a while, if you do not have diabetes, is absolutely safe.
4. Don't Have "Cheat Days" When You Diet When you are on a diet, you can allow yourself to eat your favourite foods in moderation, once in a week, as it does not come in the way of your fitness goal.
5. Floss Your Teeth Every Day According to experts, it is good enough if you floss your teeth, about 3 or 4 days in a week; however, brushing your teeth must be a daily habit.
6. Vitamin Supplements Are A Must If you are consuming a balanced diet, your daily vitamin requirements will be taken care of, so there is no need for vitamin supplements, unless your doctor advices you to take them.
India is still recovering from two back-to-back celebrity weddings but it's already time for the nexread more
Acquiring a skill not only ensures productive employment, but also serves as a platform for the deveread more
We are at the end of the year 2018 and organisations and employees have just begun foreseeing what wread more